Election results: ccNSO Council member – European region
The voting in the elections for the position of ccNSO council member - European region closed on Thursday, 22 November 2018 (23:59 UTC).
In accordance to the applicable rules, two candidates from the European region were nominated, seconded and have accepted their nomination. Consequently, an election was held among the ccNSO members of the European Region according to the timeline previously agreed upon by the ccNSO Council.
Only ccNSO members from a Geographic Region are allowed to vote for candidates to the ccNSO Council from that Geographic Region. When the ballots were distributed, the ccNSO counted 44 members from the European region.
Out of 44 ccNSO members from the European region, 34 members (77%) casted their votes:
Marta Moreira Dias received 6 votes,
Nick Wenban-Smith received 28 votes.
There were no members that voted for the option "none of the above".
The Election Report as prepared by the Election Manager, will be discussed at the ccNSO Council meeting on 6 December. (add link). As only one candidate was nominated and seconded within the nomination period for the African, Asia-Pacific, Latin American / Caribbean and North American regions, no elections needed to be held in those regions. Since at the close of nominations there are no more valid candidates in the aforementioned geographic regions than there are seats on the ccNSO Council available for those regions, then the nominated candidates shall be selected to serve on the ccNSO Council.
- Announcement call for nominations:
- Announcement closure call for nominations:
- Announcement candidate list:
- Nominations and secondments archive:
- Timeline: https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/88574272/Timeline2018_elections_simple.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1534870806000&api=v2
- Applicable ccNSO guideline: https://ccnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/field-attached/guideline-ccnso-council-election-procedure-31aug17-en.pdf
- Recordings Q&A session, ccNSO Members meeting ICANN63, Barcelona:
Download .ZIP of All Audio: http://audio.icann.org/meetings/bcn63/bcn63-OPEN-2018-10-23-T1207-114-ccNSO–Members-Meeting-Day-1-3-o_.zip
Adobe Connect: https://participate.icann.org/p4icjgtssq5/
- Candidate statement by Nick Wenban-Smith
- Candidate statement by Marta Moreira Dias