Election Notice: ccNSO Council, European Region
This is to inform you about the elections for the position of ccNSO council member - European region, starting on Thursday, 8 November 2017 (00:01 UTC) - and closing on Thursday, 22 November 2018 (23:59 UTC).
In accordance to the applicable rules, two candidates from the European region were nominated, seconded and have accepted their nomination. Consequently, an election will be held among the ccNSO members of the European Region according to the timeline previously agreed upon by the ccNSO Council. Only ccNSO members from a Geographic Region are allowed to vote for candidates to the ccNSO Council from that Geographic Region.
In alphabetical order:
The two candidates were invited to submit candidate statements to the ccNSO members. They interacted with the ccNSO members and broader ccTLD community at a Q&A session, held during the ccNSO Members Meeting at ICANN63 in Barcelona.
Election opening and closing
Voting starts on Thursday, 8 November 2018 (00:01 UTC), and closes on Thursday, 22 November 2018 (23:59 UTC)
The vote will be by confidential email. The winner is the candidate who receives more votes. A majority of all ccNSO members in the Geographic Region entitled to vote shall constitute a quorum, and the selected candidate must receive the votes of a majority of those cast by ccNSO members within the Geographic Region.
Voting ballots will be sent by firstname.lastname@example.org to the e-mail address of the primary contact of each ccNSO Member belonging to the European region, as listed in the ccNSO Members database. Contact Joke Braeken (email@example.com) if you have questions or concerns regarding the email address of the primary contact for your ccTLD.
Since the election is for one seat, each European region ccNSO member will be entitled to vote for up to one candidate.
- Voting ballots will be sent by the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org, to the e-mail address of the primary contact of each European region ccNSO Member, as listed in the ccNSO Members database. If you are unable to locate the ballot, consider checking your spam folder.
- Contact Joke Braeken (email@example.com) if you have questions or concerns regarding the email address of the primary contact for your ccTLD.
- For each ballot, a maximum of 1 candidate can be selected
- There is a possibility to submit your ballot without selecting any of the candidates
- Each primary contact will receive 1 ballot only. You can vote an unlimited number of times, but only the last vote submitted will be counted.
The election closes on Thursday, 22 November 2018 (23:59 UTC). The Election Manager will announce the voting results on Monday, 26 November 2018. If there is a tied vote, a runoff election will be held, according to the following timeline:
- Start run-off elections, if any: Tuesday, 4 December 2018 (00:01 UTC)
- Close run-off elections, if any: Tuesday, 11 December 2018 (23:59 UTC)
The Election Report, which includes the results of the election, will be sent latest 18 December 2018 to the ccNSO Council for adoption. The Chair of the ccNSO Council shall inform the ICANN Secretary of the selection.
- Candidate statement by Nick Wenban-Smith
- Candidate statement by Marta Moreira Dias
- Announcement call for nominations: https://ccnso.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-11sep18-en
- Announcement closure call for nominations: https://ccnso.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-04oct18-en
- Announcement candidate list: https://ccnso.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-11oct18-en.htm
- Nominations and secondments archive: https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/ccnso-nominations/
- Timeline: https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/88574272/Timeline2018_elections_simple.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1534870806000&api=v2
- Applicable ccNSO guideline: https://ccnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/field-attached/guideline-ccnso-council-election-procedure-31aug17-en.pdf
- Recordings Q&A session, ccNSO Members meeting ICANN63, Barcelona:
- Download .ZIP of All Audio: http://audio.icann.org/meetings/bcn63/bcn63-OPEN-2018-10-23-T1207-114-ccNSO–Members-Meeting-Day-1-3-o_.zip
- Adobe Connect: https://participate.icann.org/p4icjgtssq5/
- English Audio: http://audio.icann.org/meetings/bcn63/bcn63-OPEN-2018-10-23-T1207-114-en-ccNSO–Members-Meeting-Day-1-3-o_.m3u