This is to inform you about the forthcoming ICANN Board seat 12 elections. The elections will start on Wednesday, 4 November 2020 (00:01 UTC) – and close on Wednesday, 18 November 2020 (23:59 UTC), according to the timeline previously adopted by the ccNSO Council.
Following the Call for Nominations, two candidates were nominated, seconded and accepted their nomination and the due diligence or background check was concluded without identifying any issues or concerns.
On 15 October 2020, one of the candidates informed the ccNSO Council, ccNSO Membership and the Nomination Process Manager that he withdrew his name for consideration for the Board Seat 12 term which starts in October 2021. Consequently, there is only one remaining candidate: Katrina Sataki. As per the relevant guideline, an election will still be held. The ballot will include two options: the name of candidate and "None of the Above". The latter option was added after ccNSO members expressed the need for such an option.
Katrina submitted her candidate statement to the ccNSO. She was interviewed and answered questions from the ccNSO members and broader ccTLD community at a Question and Answer session, held during the ccNSO Members Meeting at ICANN69. The recording of the session is published here.
Election opening and closing
Voting starts Wednesday, 4 November 2020 (00:01 UTC) and closes on Wednesday, 18 November 2020 (23:59 UTC), according to the timeline previously agreed by the ccNSO Council.
- The vote will be by confidential email
- Voting ballots will be sent latest on 3 November by 23:00 UTC, from email@example.com to the e-mail address of the primary contact of each ccNSO Member, as listed in the ccNSO Members database. If you are unable to locate the ballot, consider checking your spam folder
- Contact the Nomination Process Manager, Joke Braeken (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you have questions or concerns regarding the email address of the primary contact for your ccTLD
- The election is for one seat
- Each ccNSO member will be entitled to vote whether it supports Katrina Sataki or "None of the Above". When selecting "None of the above", a ccTLD Manager believes that the candidate listed is not qualified to serve on the ICANN Board of Directors
- Each eligible primary contact will receive 1 ballot only
- You can vote an unlimited number of times, but only the last vote submitted will be counted
The election closes on Wednesday, 18 November 2020 (23:59 UTC). The Nomination Process Manager will announce the voting result on Thursday, 19 November 2020 (latest by 23:59 UTC).
In the Nomination Report, the Nomination Process Manager will include the voting result as well as potential issues and events related to this specific Nomination Process. This report will be submitted to the ccNSO Council for adoption before or by 14 December 2020. With adoption of the Nomination report, the Nomination Process will close and the Empowered Community Administration (ECA) and ICANN's Secretary will be notified of the results of the Nomination Process accordingly.
Please note that Katrina Sataki does not and shall not participate in any decisions pertaining to this Board Seat 12 Nomination. In accordance with the Guideline, the Council (excluding Katrina) designated Byron Holland (.ca) as Council's point of contact and Chair in discussions pertaining to the Nomination Process.
- Katrina Sataki: candidate statement
- Nigel Roberts: candidate statement
- Nigel Roberts: withdrawal letter
- Announcement call for nominations
- Announcement closure call for nominations
- Announcement extension acceptance deadline
- Announcement Candidate List
- Archive for nominations and secondments
- Relevant ccNSO guideline
- Timeline (v2)