This is to inform you about the elections for the position of ccNSO council member - Asia-Pacific region, starting on Tuesday, 19 November 2019 (00:01 UTC) - and closing on Tuesday, 3 December 2019 (23:59 UTC).
In accordance with the applicable rules, two candidates from the Asia-Pacific region were nominated, seconded and have accepted their nomination. Consequently, an election will be held among the ccNSO members of the Asia-Pacific Region according to the timeline previously agreed upon by the ccNSO Council. Only ccNSO members from a Geographic Region are allowed to vote for candidates to the ccNSO Council from that Geographic Region.
In alphabetical order:
The two candidates were invited to submit candidate statements to the ccNSO members. They interacted with the ccNSO members and broader ccTLD community at a Q&A session, held during the ccNSO Members Meeting at ICANN66 in Montreal.
Election opening and closing
Voting starts on Tuesday, 19 November 2019 (00:01 UTC), and closes on Tuesday, 3 December 2019 (23:59 UTC).
The vote will be by confidential email. The winner is the candidate who receives more votes. A majority of all ccNSO members in the Geographic Region entitled to vote shall constitute a quorum, and the selected candidate must receive the votes of a majority of those cast by ccNSO members within the Geographic Region.
Voting ballots will be sent by email@example.com to the e-mail address of the primary contact of each ccNSO Member belonging to the Asia-Pacific region, as listed in the ccNSO Members database. As per the relevant ccNSO guideline, new ccNSO members are able to participate in the process if the ccNSO membership application has been approved by the ccNSO Council one day prior the nomination process starts, i.e. latest on 23 September 2019. Contact Joke Braeken (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions or concerns regarding the email address of the primary contact for your ccTLD.
Since the election is for one seat, each Asia-Pacific region ccNSO member will be entitled to vote for up to one candidate.
- Voting ballots will be sent by the e-mail address email@example.com, to the e-mail address of the primary contact of each Asia-Pacific region ccNSO Member, as listed in the ccNSO Members database. If you are unable to locate the ballot, consider checking your spam folder.
- Contact Joke Braeken (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions or concerns regarding the email address of the primary contact for your ccTLD.
- For each ballot, a maximum of 1 candidate can be selected
- There is a possibility to submit your ballot without selecting any of the candidates
- Each primary contact will receive 1 ballot only. You can vote an unlimited number of times, but only the last vote submitted will be counted.
The election closes on Tuesday, 3 December 2019 (23:59 UTC). The Election Manager will announce the voting results on Wednesday, 4 December 2019. If there is a tied vote, a runoff election will be held, according to the following timeline:
- Start run-off elections, if any: Fri, 6 December 2019 (00:01 UTC)
- Close run-off elections, if any: Fri, 13 December 2019 (23:59 UTC)
The Election Report, which includes the results of the election, will be sent latest 17 December 2019 to the ccNSO Council for adoption. The Chair of the ccNSO Council shall inform the ICANN Secretary of the selection.
- Candidate statement by Atsushi Endo
- Candidate statement by Ai-Chin Lu
- Start nominations and secondments: Consult here the announcement for details on the requirements for candidates, the acceptance of nominations, and next steps
- Consult the announcement regarding the closure of the call for nominations here.
- Announcement candidate list
- Archive for nominations and secondments
- Relevant ccNSO guideline
- Recordings Q&A session, ccNSO Members meeting ICANN66, Montreal: https://66.schedule.icann.org/meetings/1116880