The ccNSO Council has adopted the charter of the Joint DNS Security and Stability Analysis Working Group (DSSA Working Group). The objective of this working group is to:
- examine the level, frequency and severity of threats to the DNS;
- the current efforts and activities to mitigate these threats; and
- identify possible gaps in the current security response to DNS issues.
The Charter is available at http://www.ccnso.icann.org/announcements/announcement-15nov10-en.htm
As this charter was also adopted by the ALAC and GNSO and is in the process of being adopted by the NRO, we are now calling for volunteers from the ccTLD community to join the DSSA Working Group.
If you would like to become a member of the DSSA WG, please note that following membership criteria apply:
1) You should have knowledge or expertise of the objectives of the DSSA Working Group
2) You should be prepared to actively participate in the activities of the working group on an ongoing and long-term basis.
3) You should be prepared, if required, to sign a a Formal Affirmation of Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure paper (see Annex B of Charter) and/or a Non-Disclosure Agreement. The WG might want to set up a sub-working group to access confidential or proprietary information. If you want to participate in such a sub-working group you will most likely be be required to sign one or both of the aforementioned agreements in order to ensure access to and protection of confidential information.
If you are interested in joining this Working Group, we also need a Statement of Interest, containing following information:
- Current vocation, employer and position
- Type of work performed
- Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership interest in that are interested parties in DSSA related topics.
- Identify any type of commercial or non-commercial interest in DSSA related topics. Are you representing other parties? Describe any arrangements/agreements between you and any other group, constituency or person(s) regarding your nomination/selection as a work team member.
- DSSA Working Group members are expected to demonstrate knowledge or expertise aspects of the objectives of the DSSA Working Group. Please, identify any knowledge, expertise or experience you have that would be relevant to the work of the DSSA Working Group.
- Describe any tangible or intangible benefit that you receive from participation in such processes, for example, if you are an academic or NGO and use your position to advance your ability to participate, this should be a part of the statement of interest, just as should employment by an organisation that has an interest in DNSSA Working Group outcomes.
The Statement of Interest will be posted on the DSSA Working Group website.
You do not need to be a ccNSO member to join the group!
If you are interested in joining the DSSA Working Group, please send your statement to email@example.com by the 17 January 2011, at the latest.
The ccNSO Council will consider the applications and then formally appoint the Working Group members.