Application for Membership
Country Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO)
Confirmation E-mail: email@example.com
cctld: Egypt (xn--wgbh1c / مصر)
To: ccNSO Membership
c/o ICANN Secretary
Date: Submitted at 2023 March 15 17:45:28 UTC
Regarding: ccNSO Membership
With this letter, I, Abdalmonem Galila declare that National Telecom Regulatory Authority is the ccTLD manager (as defined in the ICANN Bylaws, (Article 10 Section 4(a)) for the Egypt (xn--wgbh1c / مصر) and wishes to apply for membership of the ccNSO and that I am duly authorized to make and sign this application for membership on behalf of National Telecom Regulatory Authority.
National Telecom Regulatory Authority hereby recognizes the role of the ccNSO within the ICANN structure, and agrees, for the duration of its membership in the ccNSO to:
- adhere to the rules of the ccNSO, including membership rules; and
- adhere to ICANN Bylaws as they apply to ccTLDs (Article 10 and Annexes B and C of the ICANN Bylaws.
National Telecom Regulatory Authority understands that:
- Membership in the ccNSO is independent of any individual relationship a ccTLD manager has with ICANN or the ccTLD manager's receipt of IANA services. (Article 10 Section 4(c)); and
- Currently there are no fees payable for ccNSO membership. However, under the ICANN Bylaws (Article 10 Section 7(c)), the ccNSO could in the future, subject to members approval, establish membership fees.
Signed by Abdalmonem Galila for and on behalf of National Telecom Regulatory Authority:
Name of ccTLD Manager: National Telecom Regulatory Authority
Name of Representative: Abdalmonem Galila
Physical address of ccTLD Manager:
Smart Village, Cairo-Alex road , NTRA , Building B4 , Room 217, Exch 1582
Telephone number of ccTLD Manager: +201000049068
Email address of Representative: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is the applicant?
Membership of the ccNSO is open to all ccTLD Managers. As defined in the ICANN Bylaws (Section 10.4 (a)) a ccTLD Manager is the organization or entity responsible for managing a country-code top-level domain according to and under the current heading "Delegation Record" in the Root Zone Database, or under any later modification, for that country-code top-level domain.
Who is the Representative? Who is the Emissary?
As per the ICANN Bylaws (Section 10.4 (e)):
- Each ccTLD manager may designate in writing a person, organization, or entity to represent the ccTLD manager in matters relating to the ccNSO ("Representative"). In the absence of such a designation, the person, organization, or entity listed as the administrative contact in the IANA database shall be deemed to be the designate of the ccTLD manager by whom the ccNSO member shall be represented.
- For any Territory for which there is a single ccTLD manager that is a ccNSO member, the Representative selected by that manager in accordance with Section 10.4(e) shall be the Territory's emissary ("Emissary") for the purpose of voting in the specific cases enumerated in this Article, Annex B, or Annex C of these Bylaws. In the event two or more ccTLD managers from the same Territory are ccNSO members, those ccTLD managers are to appoint one of the Representatives from among those ccNSO members to serve as the Emissary to vote on behalf of the ccNSO members from that Territory.
- During any period in which an Emissary is not appointed, the ccTLD manager that has been the member of the ccNSO for the longest period is deemed to be the Emissary for that Territory.
ICANN | 12025 Waterfront Drive Suite 300 | Los Angeles, CA 90094-2536