Due to the quickly developing effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, it is highly probable that ICANN68 – scheduled to be held in June 2020 in Kuala Lumpur – will be held via remote-participation only.
To adequately prepare for a potential Virtual ICANN68 Policy Forum, the ccNSO Council and the ccNSO Working Group and Committee Chairs will meet, to discuss the impact and way forward for the ccNSO schedule.
Topics on the agenda will include, among others:
- Lessons learned from the virtual ICANN67 Community Forum
- Which meetings need to be held as part of the ICANN68 schedule? Based on which criteria?
- Which meetings should be held, but not necessarily as part of ICANN68? For instance, are there any sessions that should be held as webinars instead?
- Which meetings can or should be deferred until the next time we meet in person?
- How – if any – should the ccNSO contribution to ICANN68 plenary sessions look like?
The meeting will be held via Zoom, on Tuesday, 7 April 2020, (noon) 12.00 UTC. You are welcome to join. Consult the details on how to participate here.