The ccNSO seeks additional volunteers for the ccNSO Strategic and Operational Planning Standing Committee (SOPC). The SOPC is a key working group for the ccNSO, which has gained an important role by its regular input provided to ICANN's Strategic and Operational plans. and related budgetary processes of ICANN and Public Technical Identifiers (PTI).
If you are interested in joining the SOPC, kindly send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date of this call for volunteers is Friday, 11 December 2020 (23:59 UTC).
This announcement will also be published here: https://ccnso.icann.org/announcements
Who can join?
Membership of the Committee is open to all ccTLD managers (whether members or non-members of the ccNSO). Each year the members of the Committee will be asked whether they want to continue to serve thereon. . SOPC members are expected to have the following skillset:
- Availability and commitment to investing up to eight to ten days yearly. Please note that the work of the group (the workload) is not spread evenly throughout the year, but concentrates around the periods of public consultations of ICANN Operating Plan, Budget and Strategic Plans.
- Knowledge of ICANN internal corporate and policy making processes, including the ccNSO work, and willingness to learn more about the subjects in the scope of the SOPC work and ICANN work.
- Ability to work under time pressure and willingness to work at odd hours/ days. Please note that public comment periods may fall on a holiday season. The group encourages participation from all geographic regions, but realizes this implies that some members may need to participate at uncomfortable hours.
- Good knowledge and record of dealing with strategic and budget planning matters.
- Ability to review financial data sets and extensive background documents within tight deadlines.
- Experience of (remote) working in teams and ability to collaborate in a multicultural environment.
- Good communication skills and a sufficient command of English as the working language of the group, including familiarity with basic financial, corporate and strategic management lexicon and terminology.
- Good presentation skills are desirable.
Save the date! Join the SOPC webinar
On Monday, 30 November 2020 (15 UTC) the SOPC chair Giovanni Seppia (.eu) will host a 1-hour webinar, targeted at those who want to learn more about the work of the SOPC. You will also be informed on how to join the Committee, the required skill set, the topics that will be addressed by this group, and its working methods. Contact email@example.com to receive the participation details.
The group meets through telephone conferences and face-to-face/virtual meetings during the ICANN meetings. However, most work is done between the telephone conferences and meetings.
About the SOPC
The aim of the Committee is to coordinate, facilitate, and increase the participation of ccTLD managers in ICANN and PTI's strategic and operational planning processes and related budgetary processes. The ccNSO Council and individual ccTLD managers, collectively or individually, might be invited to support the position or input of the Committee. The Committee may submit a relevant Rejection Action Petition against the ICANN and IANA budgets, as well as their Strategic and operating Plans as defined in the ICANN Bylaws, Annex D, section 2.1 (f), (g), (h) and (i) to the ccNSO as Decisional Participant.
- Committee members: https://ccnso.icann.org/en/workinggroups/sopiwg.htm
- On https://ccnso.icann.org/en/workinggroups/sopiwg.htm, scroll down to the "documents" section to consult all submissions by the SOPWG and SOPC
- SOPC Charter: https://ccnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/field-attached/sopc-charter-30jun20-en.pdf
Once we have received your intent to apply for this position, the ccNSO Secretariat will send you a link to an online Public Data Consent Form. (consult the template here: https://ccnso.icann.org/about/personal-data-publication-consent-16feb18-en.pdf) Via this form, you consent to ICANN processing data in order to appoint you as a SOPC member and to subscribe you to the relevant mailing list(s). The form explains the information ICANN will process to administer your participation as SOPC member and how the information will be used this purpose. It also describes the rights you have regarding your information.
The ccNSO Council will appoint the additional members to the SOPC as soon as possible.