This is to inform you about a ccNSO vote, to determine whether the ccNSO membership supports the adoption of the proposed new ccNSO internal rules. The voting starts on Wednesday, 23 March 2022 (00:01 UTC) and shall close on Wednesday, 6 April 2022 (23:59 UTC).
! ccNSO Members: Your participation in this vote is important!
The 2004 rules clearly specify that in order for the new rules to be adopted, a vote by at least 86 ccNSO members is required, of which at least 66% needs to be in favour.
What is this about?
The new rules will have a direct impact on the governance structure of the ccNSO, specifically on the respective roles and responsibilities of the ccNSO Council and ccNSO members.
The ccNSO has organized various sessions on the proposals to replace the 2004 ccNSO internal rules in recent ICANN Public Meetings, where the ccNSO Council and Members have been discussing the need to update the rules. A GRC subgroup held various consultations with the ccNSO membership to identify issues, find solutions and to update about progress. Based on the feedback, the Group finalised its draft. The ccNSO Council adopted the proposed new Rules (in accordance with section 10.3(k) of the ICANN Bylaws) at its meeting on 24 February. The proposed Rules are now ready to be put before the ccNSO membership for adoption.
- Ballots (172 in total) will be sent latest on Tuesday, 22 March by the e-mail address email@example.com, to the e-mail address of the primary contacts of each ccNSO Member, as listed in the ccNSO Members database.
- If you are unable to locate the ballot, please consider checking your spam folder. Contact Joke Braeken (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions or concerns regarding the email address of the primary contact for your ccTLD.
- Each eligible primary contact receives one unique ballot only.
- When the results are displayed, the votes are only identified by the ballot ID, and not by the voter's email address.
- You can vote an unlimited number of times, but only the last vote submitted will be counted.