Special European Council Elections: candidate list
In accordance with the approved timeline, the nomination period closed on Tuesday, 12 June 2018, 23:59 UTC. The nomination archives can be found at: https://forum.icann.org/lists/ccnso-nominations/
In accordance to the applicable rules, the following candidate was nominated, seconded and has accepted his nomination for the special European council election:
Giovanni Seppia (.eu)
As only one candidate was nominated and seconded within the nomination period, no elections needed to be held.
At the Q&A session - held during the ccNSO Members Meeting at ICANN62 in Panama City - there will be an opportunity for the ccNSO members and broader ccTLD community to interact with the candidate.
The session is scheduled for Tuesday, 26 June 2018 (13:30-14:00) and will be chaired by Debbie Monahan (.nz). In preparation of this session, the candidate has been invited to share a candidate statement with the ccNSO members via the ccNSO members mailing list.
The Election Manager will prepare the Election Report for the special European council elections for consideration by the ccNSO Council during its Panama face-to-face meeting on Wednesday 27 June 2018. The Special European Council Election process 2018 will formally close 7 days after adoption and publication of the Election Report.
- Announcement call for nominations: https://ccnso.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-21may18-en
- Nominations and secondments archive: https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/ccnso-nominations/
- Timeline: https://ccnso.icann.org/workinggroups/timeline-special-council-elections-21may18-en.pdf
- Applicable ccNSO guideline: https://ccnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/field-attached/guideline-ccnso-council-election-procedure-31aug17-en.pdf
- Agenda ccNSO Members Meeting: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=84219272
- ccNSO remote participation hub: https://community.icann.org/display/ccnsowkspc/ICANN+62+-++Panama+City%2C+Panama++2018
- ccNSO Members Meeting Session Summary: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=84219272&preview=/84219272/86606015/ICANN62_sessionsummary.pdf