Call for Volunteers: ccNSO appointed Liaison to the GNSO
Per ccNSO council decision, the ccNSO launches a call for volunteers to fill the vacancy of the ccNSO appointed Liaison to the Generic names Supporting Organisation (GNSO).
The ccNSO is looking for a member of the ccTLD community to be appointed as ccNSO liaison to the GNSO. Opening date of this call for volunteers is Monday, 21 January 2019 (00:01 UTC), whereas the call for volunteers will close on Monday, 4 February 2019 (23:59 UTC).
If you are interested in applying for this position, kindly send an e-mail to email@example.com. Further instructions are included under the heading "How to apply?".
Roles and responsibilities of the ccNSO Liaison to the GNSO
As specified in the ccNSO Guideline Liaison and Observers (https://ccnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/file/field-file-attach/2017-04/guideline-liaisons-observers-24mar17-en.pdf) the ccNSO appointed liaison to the GNSO shall report to the ccNSO Council not less than monthly on the activities of the respective organization. The ccNSO appointed Liaison to the GNSO shall represent ccNSO values in these efforts, shall pursue specific direction from the ccNSO Council as and when given, and shall seek ccNSO Council advice as and when needed.
Furthermore, the ccNSO Liaison to the GNSO is committed to:
- Participate diligently and actively in the meetings and activities of the GNSO on an ongoing and long-term basis
- Communicate and advocate the positions of the ccNSO to the GNSO;
- Report to the ccNSO on current and upcoming activities of the GNSO that may be of relevance to the ccNSO and broader ccTLD community.
- If feasible and considered relevant ask to the ccNSO for advance guidance, if any, on matters that are going to be discussed by the GNSO.
- Participate in GNSO-ccNSO Council meetings agenda committee to prepare the f-2-f meetings, if any.
The ccNSO liaison to the GNSO shall not be a member of or entitled to vote on the ccNSO council or the Councils of other organizations, but otherwise shall be entitled to participate in the respective Council meetings.
How to Apply?
Interested individuals are invited to provide the following:
- A resume, curriculum vitae, or biography
- A letter of motivation detailing your interest in serving as ccNSO Liaison to the GNSO and what you will bring to this position.
- Letter from your employer supporting you with respect to the required time commitments, confirming that you will attend GNSO meetings regularly and inform the ccNSO Council and broader ccTLD community.
- If not directly linked to or employed by a ccTLD Manager, demonstrate active backing by a ccTLD manager
- Statement of interest that identifies potential conflict of interest in your service as Liaison
If you are interested in applying for this position, kindly send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date of this call for volunteers is Monday, 4 February 2019 (23:59 UTC).
- Call for volunteers: Mo, 21 January 2019 until Monday, 4 February 2019
- Evaluation of the candidates and selection by the council: Tue, 5 February 2019 until Tue, 12 February 2019
- Appointment selected candidate: approval election report by the ccNSO Council during its meeting on 14 February 2019.
- The candidate will assume its role at the end of ICANN64 in Kobe
Once we have received your intent to apply for this position, the ccNSO Secretariat will send you a link to an online Public Data Consent Form. (consult the template here: https://ccnso.icann.org/about/personal-data-publication-consent-16feb18-en.pdf) Via this form, you consent to ICANN processing data in order to appoint you as a Liaison and to subscribe you to the relevant mailing list(s). The form explains the information ICANN will process to administer your participation as ccNSO appointed Liaison to the GNSO and how the information will be used this purpose. It also describes the rights you have regarding your information.
In the event only one person has volunteered, this person shall be appointed by the ccNSO Council at the first council meeting following the call for volunteers. In the event two or more persons have volunteered for the same position, the ccNSO Council will conduct an email vote for the appointment. The Secretariat will then act as Selection manager. The volunteer who receives the majority of the votes lodged shall be considered to be appointed by the ccNSO Council as of the date of adoption of the Election Report, foreseen for the 14 February 2019 council meeting. The Chair of the ccNSO will inform the ICANN Secretary and the respective Supporting Organization or Advisory Committee of the appointment.
- ccNSO Guideline: Liaison and Observers https://ccnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/file/field-file-attach/2017-04/guideline-liaisons-observers-24mar17-en.pdf
- The current GNSO liaison, Biyi Oladipo (.ng), will take a seat on the ccNSO Council at the end of ICANN64 in Kobe. Consult the latest council election report here.