This is to inform you about the results of the Q3 and Q4 survey by the ccNSO Internet Governance Liaison Committee (IGLC). As you may recall, the IGLC aims to create a repository of events, programmes or initiatives in the Internet Governance area, that address ccTLD-relevant topics.
About the survey
The survey had two main objectives:
- share information among ccNSO members, not only on upcoming meetings or events, but also on previous talks, in order to help fostering co-operation between ccTLDs who would like to share their views on one of the 8 relevant topics included in the background section below.
- advertise to the broader ICANN community and other key players the important role of ccTLDs in Internet governance talks.
Consult the survey results here.
The IGLC reviewed the survey results during its January meeting. Based on the results and the upcoming discussions by the IGLC members and the consultation with the ccTLD community in Cancun, the IGLC will decide on its next steps and work items, including the possibility to re-open the survey.
Related to the discussions of the IGLC, the IGLC Chair invited the ccNSO Secretariat to share an announcement with you regarding the IGF2020 Call for Validation of Thematic Tracks. All stakeholders are invited to share feedback and advice on the IGF 2020 thematic approach by Thursday, 6 February 2020, 23:59 UTC. The proposed IGF 2020 programme should again be structured along main thematic tracks as in the 2019 cycle, namely:
- Track 1: Data
- Track 2: Inclusion
- Track 3: Trust
Two additional themes were identified - climate change and environmental sustainability and digital economy - as important issues that should be considered for the 2020 programme.
- About the IGF: The IGF is a global multistakeholder platform that facilitates the discussion of public policy issues pertaining to the Internet.
- Read more about the IGF2020 call for validation of thematic tracks here.
The IGLC at ICANN67
IGLC meeting | Saturday, 7 March | 13:30-15:00
IGLC consultation during the ccNSO Members Meeting | Wednesday, 11 march | 10:00-10:15
Go to the ICANN67 ccNSO Remote Participation Hub, to find out more about the ccNSO Schedule and remote participation details. (available after 17 February 2020)
The IGLC selected 8 main Internet Governance-related topics which are relevant to ccTLD managers:
- Local content
- Internationalised Domain Names (IDNs)
- Digital divide
- Role of the ccTLDs as promotors of the IGF dialogues
- Capacity building
Learn more about the IGLC: https://ccnso.icann.org/en/workinggroups/iglc.htm