The election closed on 30 November 2017 (23:59 UTC). According to the approved timeline, the results were to be announced by the Nomination Manager on 4 December 2017. However, since the results of the members vote on the candidates to the ICANN Board of Directors were circulating already on Friday 1 December 2017, the chair to the ccNSO council consulted with the Nomination Manager, and sent an e-mail to the community on 1 December 2017, to ensure that everybody is aware of the results of the members' vote and the next steps.
Out of 162 members of the ccNSO, 94 members (58%) casted their votes:
Pierre Ouedraogo received 29 votes,
Nigel Roberts received 60 votes, and
5 members voted without selecting any of the candidates.
The ccNSO has entered into voluntary internal arrangement that the ccNSO members shall propose and elect candidates for the ICANN Board seats 11 and 12. The next step is that the ccNSO Council formally needs to nominate the candidate, as per Section 10.3 (i) of the ICANN Bylaws.
A Nomination Report, prepared by the Nomination Manager, will be discussed at the ccNSO Council meeting on 7 December.
- Announcement opening call for nominations: https://ccnso.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-19sep17-en.htm
- Announcement closure call for nominations: https://ccnso.icann.org/en/announcement-20oct17-en.htm
- Nominations and secondments archive: http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/ccnso-boardnominations/
- Timeline: https://community.icann.org/display/ccNSOCWS/24+August+2017?preview=/69274717/69279196/Timeline_FY2018_Boardseat12_final.pdf
- Applicable ccNSO guideline: https://ccnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/file/field-file-attach/2016-12/ccnso-nominations-icann-board-guideline-01sep16-en.pdf
- Recordings Q&A session, ccNSO Members meeting ICANN60, Abu Dhabi:
- Audio http://audio.icann.org/meetings/abu60/abu60-OPEN-2017-11-01-T0416-hallaa-3T2nDKcswXPPqtisbvui3LVeo5LBo2Wr-en.m3u
- Audio (continued) http://audio.icann.org/meetings/abu60/abu60-OPEN-2017-11-01-T1022-hallaa-F8YATXtXnn1qhuVX7ACcUwRf82iNeyqU-en.m3u
- Adobe Connect https://participate.icann.org/p1afp4snnu3/
- Adobe Connect (continued) https://participate.icann.org/p3stqimao8v/
- Candidate Statement: OUEDRAGO Pierre
- Candidate Statement: ROBERTS Nigel