Second call for volunteers - ccNSO Liaison to the ALAC
Per ccNSO council decision (Resolution 123-10), the ccNSO secretariat launched on 22 November a call for volunteers to fill the vacancy of ccNSO Liaison to the ALAC. Candidates were asked to submit their applications to the ccNSO Secretariat by Wednesday 7 December 2016, 23:59 UTC. (read the announcement on https://ccnso.icann.org/announcements/announcement-22nov16-en.htm To date, the secretariat has received two indication of interest in the position, however this did not result in a formal application.
Per Council resolution of 15 December, a second call for volunteers to fill the vacancy of ccNSO Liaison to the ALAC is launched today (16 December 2016). Candidates are invited to submit their applications to the ccNSO Secretariat by Tuesday 10 January 2017, 23:59 UTC.
Ron Sherwood stepped down as ccNSO Liaison to ALAC. In order to help ensure that the ccNSO can participate effectively in all parts of the work of ICANN, members of the ccTLD community are appointed as liaisons.
The roles and responsibilities of the ccNSO Liaison to the ALAC are:
- To participate diligently and actively in the meetings and activities of the ALAC on an ongoing and long-term basis
- To communicate and advocate the positions of the ccNSO to the ALAC;
- To report to the ccNSO on current and upcoming activities of the ALAC that may be of relevance to the ccNSO and broader ccTLD community.
- If feasible and considered relevant ask to the ccNSO for advance guidance, if any, on matters that are going to be discussed by ALAC.
- Participate in ALAC-ccNSO Council meetings agenda committee to prepare the f-2-f meetings, if any.
Since Ron Sherwood stepped down, Maureen Hillyard - ALAC appointed liaison to the ccNSO - temporarily reported to the ccNSO Council as well. If you have any questions for Maureen, please do not hesitate to contact the secretariat.
How to Apply?
Interested individuals are invited to provide the following:
- A resume, curriculum vitae, or biography
- A letter of motivation detailing your interest in serving as ccNSO Liaison to ALAC and what you will bring to this position.
- Letter from your employer supporting you with respect to the required time commitments, confirming that you will attend ALAC meetings regularly and inform the ccNSO Council and broader ccTLD community.
- If not directly related to a ccTLD Manager, demonstrate active backing by a ccTLD manager
- Statement of interest that identifies potential conflict of interest in your service as Liaison
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 10 January 2017, 23:59 UTC.