Election Notice, ICANN Board Seat 12 FY18
This is to inform you about the elections for the position of ICANN Board seat 12, Fiscal Year 2018, starting on Thursday, 16 November 2017 (00:01 UTC) - and closing on Thursday, 30 November 2017 (23:59 UTC).
In accordance to the applicable rules, two candidates were nominated, seconded and have accepted their nomination. Consequently, an election will be held according to the timeline previously agreed upon by the ccNSO Council.
- Pierre Ouedraogo
- Nigel Roberts
The two candidates were invited to submit candidate statements to the ccNSO members. They interacted with the ccNSO members and broader ccTLD community at a Q&A session, held during the ccNSO Members Meeting at ICANN60 in Abu Dhabi.
Election opening and closing:
Voting starts on Thursday, 16 November 2017 (00:01 UTC), and closes on Thursday, 30 November 2017 (23:59 UTC).
The vote will be by confidential email. Voting ballots will be sent by email@example.com to the e-mail address of the primary contact of each ccNSO Member, as listed in the ccNSO Members database. Contact Joke Braeken (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions or concerns regarding the e-mail address of the primary contact for your ccTLD.
Since the election is for one seat, each ccNSO member will be entitled to vote for up to one candidate.
- Voting ballots will be sent by the e-mail address email@example.com, to the e-mail address of the primary contact of each ccNSO Member, as listed in the ccNSO Members database. If you are unable to locate the ballot, consider checking your spam folder.
- Contact Joke Braeken (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions or concerns regarding the e-mail address of the primary contact for your ccTLD.
- For each ballot, a maximum of 1 candidate can be selected
- There is a possibility to submit your ballot without selecting any of the candidates
- Each primary contact will receive 1 ballot only. You can vote an unlimited number of times, but only the last vote submitted will be counted.
The election closes on Thursday, 30 November 2017 (23:59 UTC). The Nomination Manager will announce the voting results on Monday, 4 December 2017. If there is a tied vote, a run-off election will be held, according to the following timeline:
- Start run-off elections, if any: 13 December 2017 (00:01 UTC)
- Close run-off elections, if any: 20 December 2017 (23:59 UTC)
The Nomination Report, which includes the results of the election, will be sent latest 21 December 2017 to the ccNSO Council for adoption. The Candidate that receives the majority of the votes cast (note that there is no quorum rule) by the ccNSO members, shall be the Candidate who is elected to be nominated by a majority vote of the ccNSO Council.
- Candidate Statement: OUEDRAGO Pierre
- Candidate Statement: ROBERTS Nigel
- Announcement opening call for nominations: https://ccnso.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-19sep17-en.htm
- Announcement closure call for nominations: https://ccnso.icann.org/en/announcement-20oct17-en.htm
- Nominations and secondments archive: http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/ccnso-boardnominations/
- Timeline: https://community.icann.org/display/ccNSOCWS/24+August+2017?preview=/69274717/69279196/Timeline_FY2018_Boardseat12_final.pdf
- Applicable ccNSO guideline: https://ccnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/file/field-file-attach/2016-12/ccnso-nominations-icann-board-guideline-01sep16-en.pdf
- Recordings Q&A session, ccNSO Members meeting ICANN60, Abu Dhabi:
- Audio (continued)
- Adobe Connect
- Adobe Connect (continued)