The ccNSO Council is now looking for two (2) volunteers to serve on the ICANN Community Excellence Award Selection Panel on behalf of the ccNSO.
This call for volunteers opens Thursday, 9 December 2021 (23:59 UTC) and closes Wednesday, 22 December 2021 (noon UTC).
How to apply?
You are required to be affiliated with a ccTLD manager. If you are interested in serving in this position, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a motivation letter explaining why you wish to serve on the Panel.
Term of Service
The ccNSO Appointed Delegates to the ICANN Community Excellence Award Selection Panel shall serve one-year terms and may serve at most two successive one-year terms.
Once the call for volunteers closes, the list of candidates will be presented to all ccNSO Councillors eligible to vote, who will then make a decision regarding the appointment of the ccNSO delegates to the ICANN Community Excellence Award Selection Panel by email vote, in accordance with the Guideline: ccNSO Appointment Procedures. In case you are being selected, you will be required to consent to ICANN processing your personal data for the purpose of serving on the Panel under ICANN's data protection policy.
The panel will start evaluation work around the ICANN73 Community Forum.
About the ICANN Community Excellence Award
Launched in 2014, the ICANN Community Excellence Award recognizes the ICANN community members who have deeply invested in consensus-based solutions and contributed substantively to the ICANN multistakeholder model.
The ideal recipient(s) will have:
- Participated in the ICANN community for at least five years
- Served in multiple ICANN working groups or committees
- Collaborated with more than one Supporting Organization (SO) or Advisory Committee (AC) in a significant capacity
Candidates will be evaluated by a panel of ICANN community members appointed by the SO/AC chairs. This panel will evaluate candidates using a merit-based point system and the following criteria:
- Demonstrated ability to work across community lines with both familiar and unfamiliar ICANN stakeholders to build consensus
- Facilitator of dialogue and open discussion in a fair and collegial manner, in a spirit of collaboration shown through empathy, and a sincere desire to engage with people from other backgrounds, cultures, and interests
- Demonstrated additional support for the ICANN multistakeholder model and its overall effectiveness through volunteer service via working groups or committees
Any additional information in support of nominations or questions about the award process may be submitted via email to email@example.com.
The award recipient(s) will be announced in June 2022 at ICANN74. For more information, please refer to the ICANN Community Wiki.