The ccNSO Meeting Strategy Review Working Group is seeking comments on its Preliminary Issue Report, including its initial recommendations.
The objective of this Preliminary Issue Report is to assess all relevant issues related to the ccNSO Meeting Strategy Review and, following Community Input, to recommend a course of action to the ccNSO Council.
Based on the input collected via the online survey, the ccNSO Meeting Strategy Review Team makes the following initial recommendations:
In addition to the 4 aforementioned initial recommendations,
- Organise a ccNSO Members Meeting at every ICANN meeting
- Ask the meeting programme WG to explore the possibility to organise a 1-day ccNSO Members Meeting during the Policy Forum (i.e. the second ICANN meeting of the year)
- Keep the ccNSO Members Meeting as a single stream, and do not organise parallel sessions.
- Invite the meeting programme WG to keep in mind those priorities highlighted via the survey, when putting together the agenda for the ccNSO Members meeting, being:
- Developing relations between ccTLDs
- Providing updates by and to the ccTLD community
- the ccNSO Meeting Strategy Review Team asks the ccNSO Meeting Programme Working Group to attempt avoiding overlap or duplications with regional organisations' meetings.
- Moreover, the ccNSO Meeting Strategy Review Team invites the ccNSO council to ensure that the joint sessions with other supporting organisations and advisory committees at public ICANN meetings are a valuable experience for all parties, in terms of their objectives and timing.
Submit your comments
Kindly submit your comments to Joke Braeken (firstname.lastname@example.org). Comments close on Tuesday, 3 April 2018, 23:59 UTC.
The Preliminary Issue Report is published for public comment in order to allow for Community input on the recommendations.
A further session to consult the ccTLD community on the initial recommendations will be held on Tuesday, 13 March 2018 at the ICANN61 ccNSO Members Meeting in San Juan (13:30-14:30).
Following review of the comments and face-to-face consultations, the ccNSO Meeting Strategy Review team will update the Preliminary Issue Report and submit the Final Issue Report to the ccNSO Council for its consideration and potential action.
In January 2016, the ccNSO Council approved a recommendation by the ccNSO Meeting Programme Working Group to hold three (3) ccNSO Members Meetings a year. This recommendation is currently being revised, as part of the review of the ccNSO meeting strategy. The review is conducted by the ccNSO Meeting Strategy Review Working Group, according to the Terms of Reference as approved by the ccNSO Council, and based on a consultation with the broader ccTLD community.