Call for Expression of Interest (EoI) to the new ICANN Fellowship Selection Committee
The ccNSO Secretariat is launching a call for Expression of Interest (EoI) for membership of the ICANN Fellowship Selection Committee. The call for EoI will be open from Tuesday, 4 September 2018 and will close Monday, 10 September 2018 (17:00 UTC).
About the ICANN Fellowship Selection Committee
ICANN recently announced upcoming changes to the New Fellowship Program Approach following the end of its public comment period. The revised program will feature a new ICANN Fellowship Program Selection Committee starting on 26 October 2018. The Selection Committee will be composed of seven members, one from each participating SO/AC.
The ICANN Fellowship Selection Committee is responsible for assessing all applications for the ICANNFellowship received through the online application system. Selection Committee members will then determine which applicants have best met the posted Applicant Selection Criteria.
- Time commitment: approximately 70 hours over four to five weeks is required (for each application round).
- Term: Members of the Selection Committee shall serve for a total of two years (6 application rounds).
Further background details, including information on the expectations and responsibilities are included below.
How to apply?
If interested, please send the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 10 September 2018 (17:00 UTC).
- Your resume, curriculum vitae, or biography.
- If applicable, a letter of support from your employer in respect to the required time commitment to participate actively in the ICANN Fellowship Selection Committee.
Once we have received your intent to volunteer, you will receive a link to an online Acknowledgement of Terms Form. Via this form, you consent to ICANN processing data in order to add you as a member of the ICANN Fellowship Selection Committee and its mailing list(s). The form explains the information ICANN will process to administer your participation in the and how the information will be used this purpose. It also describes the rights you have regarding your information.
The ccTLD representative on the ICANN Fellowship Selection Committee will be appointed by the ccNSO Council.
Selection Committee member expectations
- Represent the global Internet community, with a strong history of experience with specific sector(s) of the Internet ecosystem including, but not limited to, technical Internet issues; government, academia, commercial or non-commercial issues; I* entities; underserved and/or under-represented communities and/or Internet related development, or other fellowship programs
- Be an active member of the appointing SO/AC for at least two years (Definitions of active membership may vary, but generally include penholders for ICANN policy/procedural comments contributing significant time to the SO/AC)
- Have a good understanding of ICANN and work conducted by other SOs/ACs
- Have attended ICANN meetings as an active contributor/panelist/chair to a policy session
Moreover, it is desirable for Selection Committee representatives to have contributed meaningfully to cross-community working groups and/or be an active member of I* organisations.
Nominated Selection Committee members may be Fellowship Program alumni.
Fellowship Selection Committee Responsibilities
The ICANN Fellowship Selection Committee is responsible for assessing all applications for the ICANNFellowship received through the online application system. Selection Committee members will then determine which applicants have best met the posted Applicant Selection Criteria. A time commitment of approximately 70 hours over four to five weeks is required (for each application round).
- Support outreach efforts of the Fellowship Program
- Work closely with Fellowship Program staff to follow the implementation and evaluation process
- Update criteria for Fellowship selection regularly (every two years)
*Relevant ICANN staff, such as Global Stakeholder Engagement (GSE), review applications from their respective regions and sectors and provide comments on candidates' engagement, future potential, and regional strategic priority.
- Current & past Fellowship Selection Committee Members: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/committee-2012-02-25-en
- Information about the Fellowship Application Assessment and Decision-Making Process: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/committee-2012-02-25-en
- Announcement: https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2018-08-13-en