This is to inform you that on Tuesday, 12 June 2018 (23.59 UTC), the call for nominations for the Special council elections for the European Region was closed. A record of who has nominated and seconded the candidate(s) is available here: https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/ccnso-nominations/
Since the nomination period is now closed, the Election Manager asked the nominated candidate to confirm acceptance of the nomination. According to the timeline previously agreed upon by the ccNSO Council, the deadline for the candidate to respond is Wed, 20 June 2018 (23:59 UTC). On 21 June, the Election Manager will communicate whether the candidate accepted the nomination. If the candidate accepts, at the Q&A session - held during the ccNSO Members Meeting at ICANN62 in Panama City - there will be an opportunity for the ccNSO members and broader ccTLD community to interact with the candidate.
The session is scheduled for Tuesday, 26 June 2018 (13:30-14:00) and will be chaired by Debbie Monahan (.nz).
In preparation of this session, the candidate will be invited to share a candidate statement with the ccNSO members via the ccNSO members mailing list.
- Announcement call for nominations: https://ccnso.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-21may18-en
- Nominations and secondments archive: https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/ccnso-nominations/
- Timeline: https://ccnso.icann.org/workinggroups/timeline-special-council-elections-21may18-en.pdf
- Applicable ccNSO guideline: https://ccnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/field-attached/guideline-ccnso-council-election-procedure-31aug17-en.pdf
- Agenda ccNSO Members Meeting: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=84219272
- ccNSO remote participation hub: https://community.icann.org/display/ccnsowkspc/ICANN+62+-++Panama+City%2C+Panama++2018
- ccNSO Members Meeting Session Summary: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=84219272&preview=/84219272/86606015/ICANN62_sessionsummary.pdf